Location Frankford Ave. & Deveraux St.
Owner Frankford Athletic Association
Frankford Yellow Jackets
1926 NFL Champions
Frankford's Guy Chamberlin (left) and Johnny Budd
(right) pursue the Dayton Triangles' Faye Abbott (carrying ball)
North stands of Yellow Jacket Field, Thanksgiving
Frankford Stadium was a football field in Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania that was the home of the Frankford Yellow Jackets football
team of the National Football League, which predated the Philadelphia
Eagles. The stadium was also known as Yellow Jacket Field.
The stadium, located at Frankford Avenue and Devereaux Street, was the
Yellow Jackets' home from 1923 through 1930. On July 27, 1931, a fire
caused major damage to the structure, forcing the Yellow Jackets to
play their remaining games at the Baker Bowl, Shibe Park, and the University
of Pennsylvania's Franklin Field, before disbanding during the 1931
season. The site was purchased in 1933 by the Franklin Legion Athletic
Association, who subsequently demolished the structure to build the
Franklin Legion Athletic Field. When the Frankford Legion AA reorganized
as the Northeast Philadelphia AA later that year, the stadium's name
was changed to Yellow Trojan Field.
As of 2007, an automotive dealership and some
rowhomes occupy the former site.